www.Ayrshireroots.com and www.Ayrshireroots.co.uk
Descendants of James Benbow
Generation No. 1
1. JAMES BENBOW was born Abt. 1740. He married MARY.
Children of JAMES BENBOW and MARY are:
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN BENBOW was born Abt. 1766. He married ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT 23 December 1787 in Whitmore..
More About JOHN BENBOW:
Baptism: 6 January 1766, Mucklestone
Namesake: Bembow ?
Child of JOHN BENBOW and ELIZABETH CARTWRIGHT is:
Generation No. 3
3. HANNAH BEMBOW was born 16 November 1788, and died 1841. She married PETER GROWCOTT 24 September 1809 in Norton in the Moors.
More About HANNAH BEMBOW:
Baptism: 16 November 1789, Mucklestone ( IGI )
Burial: 6 June 1841, Baswich Staffs Aged 55 BER
More About PETER GROWCOTT:
Baptism: Could be (1782-1786) if 1841 Census OK
Burial: 9 September 1850, Baswich Staffs Aged 57 in BER
Census: 1841, Aged 55 Ag Lab in Milford
Fact 2: 1841, Ellen Sutton aged 20 in household
Name (Facts Page): Groucott ?
Occupation: Ag. Labourer
Children of HANNAH BEMBOW and PETER GROWCOTT are:
Generation No. 4
4. ANN GROWCOTT was born 1811, and died 8 February 1873 in Milford, Staffordshire. She married THOMAS WITHNALL 29 May 1831 in St Mary, Staffs, son of JOSEPH WITHNALL and SARAH DALE.
More About ANN GROWCOTT:
Baptism: 15 December 1811, Baswich Staffs ENG
Burial: 1873, Aged 61 on MI.
Census: 1851, Aged 39, born Milford
Fact 2: Buried Baswich Church Graveyard
Fact 3: Visited gravestone 10-9-98
Occupation: Milford, Staffs
More About THOMAS WITHNALL:
Baptism: 2 July 1809, Baswich Staffs ENG
Burial: 28 January 1873, Baswich Staffs ENG Aged 63 on MI.
Census: 1841, Aged 32 Quarryman in Milford
Fact 3: Buried in Baswich Church graveyard
Source: IGI P011031
Children of ANN GROWCOTT and THOMAS WITHNALL are:
5. WILLIAM GROUCOTT was born 13 September 1818 in Baswich, Staffordshire, baptised on ex Parish Record, and died 2 March 1888 in Aged 69 on MI. He married MARY WITHNALL 4 June 1838 in St Thomas, Walton, daughter of JOSEPH WITHNALL and SARAH DALE.
Notes for WILLIAM GROUCOTT:
Gravestone at Baswich Churchyard - Visited it 10-9-1998
"Alas how soon the body dies each passing moment swiftly flies prepare to meet thy god."
More About WILLIAM GROUCOTT:
Baptism: 13 September 1818, Baswich Staffs ENG
Burial: 7 March 1888, Baswich STF ENG
Census: 1851, Aged 32, Quarryman, born Milford
Fact 2: Grave at Baswich Church
Occupation: Stone Quarryman, 1881 C aged 64, Milford
More About MARY WITHNALL:
Baptism: 11 January 1807, Baswich Staffs ENG
Burial: 22 September 1877, Baswich STF ENG Aged 73 on MI.
Census: 1851, Aged 45, born Milford
Fact 2: Gravestone at Baswich Church
Occupation: 1871 C aged 64
Children of WILLIAM GROUCOTT and MARY WITHNALL are: